Samatha's Story

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DD's Story Birth


I have posted it on my other blog, so I will post it again, only in greater detail. It may be piece by piece. I haven't decided. But I want people to know they are not alone. Samantha's "conditions" are not as serious as most children by any means, but it still worries you whether your child is a month behind or a year behind. Also, I would like to make a note that Samantha IS getting better-Much better. She is overcoming her "diagnosis" just like the doctors said she would.
When I had Samantha, I was still in high school, but I was just like every other Mom out there. I was the one who documented everything and wouldn't eat anything if the doctor just mentioned not to eat excessive amounts. Samantha was healthy and her heat beat was strong. It ranged from 140-160 bpm. She was a kicker too. But she didn't want to come. Her due date was approaching-the 18th and she didn't come. I knew she wouldn't come. She wasn't ready.
I was induced on the 22nd of September because I had developed toxemia about a week before. But she did not want to come. I told everybody that, but nobody would listen of course. They passed it off as me being just a nervous Mom. They tried everything to get her to come. And the whole time I thought, "I told you so." They had to tried tree different times and 29 hours later, she came.
She made a 9 on her APGAR score, perfect they said because they always take off a point for color. (By the way, one of the things they grade on the APGAR is muscle tone.)
Three days later we took her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment