Samatha's Story

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This is bothering me...

I hate telling Samantha that doctors always make you feel better just so she will be excited about check-ups, because I know that is not always the case. I know it isn't as important to know what was wrong now that Samantha is doing way better than she was before, but it would help me to have a name. Not just a guess, Cerebral Palsy was one guess. They never tested, and they never said anything more. Some doctors would give her individual diagnosises, such as hypotonia, dysphagia, developmental delays, midline aversion...but what causes these things grouped together? No doctor could give us a name. And I still see her lacking in some areas and I wonder if having a name would help us help her. She still can't really walk up stairs or support herself very well...What if she starts to get behind again as she gets older? What is it? What could it be? I wish I could have an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment